Specific causes of hair loss - Occur due to hormonal changes, irritation or damage, a few holes in the scalp hair has a short growth phase and produce thinner hair. You will experience hair growth cycle and rest. Of course, this cycle is different for each person.
But in general the phase of the scalp (anagen), at least two to three years. Also at this time, your hair may grow less than 0.5 inch (1 cm) a month. Resting phase called telogen. This phase occurs between three to four months. At the end of the resting phase, hair will fall and new hair will grow at the same place. Once hair loss, stage of growth will begin again.
Most people normally shed 50 to 100 per day. But with 100,000 hair on the scalp, hair loss calculation will not cause baldness.
Gradually baldness hair is normal in old age. However, hair loss can lead to baldness when the amount of hair loss is more than the hair that grows.
1. Pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia). Pattern baldness is a short time of growing hair, and hair that grows not thick or strong. With existing growth cycle, hair roots that grow more shallow and much easier to fall out. Hereditary factors play a role. The presence of family history of androgenetic alopecia increases your risk of baldness. Descendants also have an impact on what age you start experiencing hair loss and speed the formation of new hair, and broad patterns of your baldness.
2. Cicatricial (scarring) alopecia. This type is a permanent hair loss that occurs when there is damage and inflammation in the pores where the hair grows. This prevents new hair growth. This condition can occur in several skin conditions, including lupus erythematosus or lichen planus. It is not known what triggers or causes this inflammation.
3. Alopecia areata. It is classified as an autoimmune disease disease but with an unknown cause. People with alopecia areata are generally healthy. Some people may have an autoimmune disease, including thyroid disease. Some scientists believe that some people have a genetic predisposition to alopecia areata experience and a trigger, such as viruses or other things that exist in the environment, making this condition. Family history who have alopecia areata makes you more likely to experience it too.
4. Telogen effluvium. This type is usually a normal cycle you change your hair. This happens when a few surprises your system - emotional or physical - causes hair roots to be pushed prematurely. As a result of growing hair will fall out. In one or two months, the hair pore becomes active again and begun to grow new hair. Telogen effluvium caused by emotional stress, such as death of family members or physical stress, such as high fever, sudden or excessive weight loss, extreme diets, decreased nutrients, surgery, or metabolic disorders. Hair grows back to repair itself, but it normally takes many months.
5. Traction alopecia. Excessive grooming or styling hair is too strong a pull to cause Traction alopecia. If this is stopped before the damage the scalp and create permanent damage to the hair root, hair usually grows back normally.