Important Of Reading Preventing Senility - Reading is an activity that has brought many benefits, because by reading our knowledge increases. Whether it is related to the scientific knowledge or just news or information. In addition, according to the experts that: with a lot of reading, we will be separated from the brain disease. A researcher from the "Henry Ford Health System," Dr. C. Edward Coffey, suggests that only by reading the book, one will be spared from the disease "Dementia". Dementia is a disease that damage brain tissue. When exposed to dementia, we can be sure someone will be difficult to avoid dementia. This occurs because the reading to create a kind of buffer layer that protects the brain and replace changes.
Recognized or not, many people are smart and intelligent because of diligent in reading. Reading can also make people more mature. Adults here means: to have the mindset that no longer childish. By reading, people can look at all the problems of life not as a burden, but a challenge that must be resolved. Problems in life can not be viewed only from one side, but from different sides. People who look at problems from different sides of life is usually more prudent and wise in life.
However, it is very unfortunate that the public reading of Indonesia is still low. Taufiq Ismail a famous Indonesian writer says that. "We have become a nation of blind and lame writing a book to read. " This expression would have a very strong reason. And, true, our problem is the low interest in reading. If offered a reading of the book, not a few of us who refuse to reason do not have time to read. Our society is more like television than in the book. Though the "Jordan E. Ayan 'also said that television is still very behind compared to the book. Television is "passive media" that does not invite us to participate in learning or creative thinking. But this information is not up to us because we do not read.
Very different from the "culture of reading the Japanese" and other developed countries. To any books they carry. If you have any spare time they are filled with reading. So it is not surprising if their knowledge is more advanced than us. Indonesian society more easily cultured oral. Dreaming more than read activity. This we can see from our own behavior and the people around us. Though a lot of free time that we can use to read. For example, while awaiting the departure of the aircraft, at bus stops, terminals, even for people who have no health problems when reading in the car, could use the time to read. Five minutes of reading could have increased our knowledge of vision. We can build motivation in us to multiply the reading includes reading the biographies of successful people.
One doctor from Saudi Arabia named Dr. Aidh Al Qarni in his book "Laa Tahzan" (Do not be sad) wrote 10 benefit of reading:
1. When busy in reading, a blocked entry into stupidity
2. The habit of reading, making people too busy to get in touch with the people lazy and does not work.
3. Regularly read, someone can develop flexibility and fluency in spoken words
4. Reading can help to develop thinking and clear thinking,
5. Reading can increase the knowledge of a person and improve memory in understanding
6. Regularly reading, a person can take benefit from the experience of others, such as copying the wisdom of the wise and intelligent scholars
7. Regularly read, a person can develop his abilities, both to obtain and process knowledge and to learn the various disciplines and their applications in life
8. Confidence someone will increase when he read books that are useful.
9. Reading helps a person to refresh his mind from the complexity and saves time to not be in vain. Regularly read, someone can control a lot of words and sentences to learn a variety of models.
10. Further, it can improve its ability to absorb concepts and to understand what is written on the line by line (to understand what is implied).
From some of the above, we can draw the conclusion that getting used to always read will bring huge benefit. Not only for ourselves, but also for others, if we want to share the knowledge with them. I therefore invite the readers to turn the reading culture anywhere, and anytime if there is the time to read.