Coffee and Supplements | You have a habit of drinking coffee in the morning along with the supplements, like vitamins and minerals? We recommend that you leave the habit, because drinking coffee and supplements together will affect the absorption of minerals and vitamins contained in the supplement.
Drinking caffeinated coffee that would make a person urinate frequently. If performed in conjunction with the consumption of supplements will make some important nutrients go wasted. Another problem that arises, there is the possibility of minerals and vitamins are involved react to caffeine in coffee.
Therefore, should someone give the length of time for absorption is not disturbed, as quoted from Healthmad, Wednesday (02/03/2011).
Minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphate and potassium are minerals that quickly wasted. In addition, caffeine also inhibits the absorption of iron, vitamin A and B.
Minerals have an important function for the body such as:
1. Calcium is essential for bone development and strength of good teeth, muscle contraction and nerve functions
2. Magnesium is needed to convert food into energy and keep the teeth, bones and muscles strong
3. Natrium is needed in sufficient quantities to help maintain the body's water content at a normal level
4. Potassium is needed to maintain the body's cells with good in particular heart muscle
5. Iron is an essential substance required for the production and function of red blood cells, muscles and immune system.
Instead, a person taking supplements by using the "white water", so the vitamins and minerals contained in supplements do not participate react with ingredients in beverages.