Leg Cramps Prevent Tip - Leg cramps often occur at night and very painful. Cramps usually last less than a minute, but could also more than 15 minutes. The following steps can be taken to prevent leg cramps.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day This not only prevents dehydration, but also reduces the possibility of electrolyte imbalance in the body. Sufficient amount of fluid in the body must be maintained, both before and after heavy activity or exercise.
- Exercise regularly Stretching legs regularly during the day will make the muscles relax and prevent cramps. If leg cramps occur at night, gently stretch your legs. This will help stimulate blood flow in the legs.
- Increase intake of potassium and calcium The minerals are important to help the process fluid in the body. Eat foods rich in potassium, like bananas, poultry, and fish. Fill calcium by eating low-fat yogurt or fat-free milk.
- Wear proper footwear with soles which support the body properly. Footwear or high heels should be avoided.
- Warm water bath before bedtime. This will loosen the muscles in the legs and reduce the possibility of cramps.
- Use a thick blanket thick blanket to put pressure on the foot. In cold weather, wear warm socks so much.