Overcoming Thyroid Disease - In general, thyroid disease strikes people who have very low levels of iodine that causes an enlarged gland. There are two types of thyroid disease, namely: ordinary goiter and toxic goiter. Goiter is an enlarged thyroid gland usual, that butterfly-shaped gland located below the larynx, whereas toxic goiter (hyperthyroidism) are: common thyroid disease untreated so that over time become toxic goiter.
Causes of Thyroid DiseaseThyroid disease is caused by a disorder of the thyroid gland so it can secrete thyroid hormones according to the needs of the body. Moreover mumps also occur due to lack of iodine levels that cause endemic goiter.
The common symptoms of Thyroid Disease
- Swelling of the salivary glands
- Mouth feel tight and painful, especially when chewing and swallowing food
- Reduced appetite
- Often feel nauseous even vomiting repeatedly
- Body temperature becomes high
- Often felt ears hum.
How to prevent Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid disease arises due to iodine deficiency, a major step to prevent this disease is to consume tinctura salt containing iodine (iodine solution in alcohol).
- Eating seaweed mixed with food, and eating seafood (such as crab, scallops, fish, etc.) are also believed to prevent mumps.
- Avoid foods that can reduce the hormone thyroxine, such as cabbage, soybeans, peanuts, peas, spinach and strawberries.