Benefits of Coffee for Health - Speaking of coffee you'll often hear from people who say that coffee is bad for health. This argument is not entirely true, Coffee when consumed with reasonable capacity, it would be beneficial to health. Actually, anything that we consume in excess, then everything would be bad for health.
Here, we will talk about the Benefits of Coffee for Health. The extent to which the coffee is beneficial, so that we will know the benefits of coffee in our lives.
The Benefits of Coffee for Health
According to Harvard Women's Health, Drinking several cups of coffee a day may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, the formation of kidney stones, colon cancer, Parkinson's disease, liver damage, heart disease and inhibit cognitive decline in brain power.
1. Cancer. Research has consistently shown that coffee reduces the risk of liver cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
2. Diabetes. Twenty studies conducted worldwide indicate that coffee reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes by 50%. The researchers suspect the cause is chlorogenic acid in coffee act to slow the absorption of sugar in digestion. Chlorogenic acid also stimulates the formation of GLP-1, a chemical that increases insulin. Other substances in coffee that trigonelin (pro-vitamin B3) is also thought to help slow the absorption of glucose.
3. Cirrhosis. Coffee protects the liver from cirrhosis, particularly cirrhosis due to alcoholism.
4. Heart disease and stroke. Coffee consumption does not increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. Instead, coffee actually slightly reduce the risk of stroke. A study of more than 83,000 women aged over 24 years showed those who drank two to three cups of coffee a day had a stroke risk 19% lower than those who did not drink coffee. Studies of a number of men in Finland showed similar results.
5. Parkinson's disease. The coffee drinkers have half the risk of developing Parkinson's disease is lower than those who did not drink coffee.
6. Cognitive function. The study of 4197 women and 2820 men in France showed that drinking three cups of coffee a day can prevent cognitive decline and brain aging by up to 33 percent in women. However, the same benefit was not found in men. This may be because women are more sensitive to caffeine.